This year my dear Tom is doing the race on a hot sled built by our friend Dan Newland. Tom has to make everything so damn complicated. He doesn't want to drive his car to Alameda and leave it there because he wants to get picked up in Monterey so he doesn't have to sail back. He needed to find a ride to Alameda and he enlisted Synthia's help. Luckily I had to work so I was out of the loop. She was going to drop him off "on her way" up to San Francisco. It's not on her way. But she managed to find some other sucker to give Tom a ride. OK, so Tom has his ride to the boat.
Here's Dan's boat Pegasus, she's a beauty!!
I planned to be in Monterey on Saturday to hike and spend time with my friend Dayna. I offered to pick Tom up in Monterey Saturday day/night and he could stay with us, then I would drive him home Sunday morning. No, Tom wants to fly in a WWII plane Saturday and go to a party in Santa Cruz Saturday night. In order to accommodate his schedule so he COULD spend time with us (me, Dayna and her boyfriend Jack) Dayna and I moved our hiking date from Saturday to Sunday. Of course that means I'm no longer available to pick him up in Monterey because I won't be there. He enlisted his mom and brother to pick him up in Monterey and take him to his WWII flight in Gilroy. They will drive him back to Santa Cruz for his party and I'll meet him there to bring him home.
Synthia will race Eyrie from SF to Monterey, rest, then sail the boat back to San Francisco. I like her style.

UPDATE: Tom finished around 9:00pm Friday. Synthia finished around 2:00am Saturday. That's a fast boat vs. slow boat for ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment