Monday, November 13, 2006

He's Ho Hum & Humdrum

Last week I ran across a website devoted to dull men and to "celebrating the ordinary." It is the Dull Men's Club and it is very amusing, or perhaps boring depending upon your taste. It has no (or little) color because that would be too exciting. The format is uninteresting which is appropriate.

They advocate many dull activities such as removing exclamation points, watching ants (when the ants aren't too busy), watching a grape become a raisin, extreme accounting and binge flossing to name just a few. Actually, I think anything with "extreme" and "binge" in it should be disqualified because they imply too much passion, just my opinion.

Women are not allowed because women are too exciting. I agree with this.

Imagine my surprise when this morning I heard this website discussed on NPR (exclamation point removed).


Now I'm concerned, if the club makes the news will they have to disband because they have suddenly and against their will become too interesting?


, , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment