Sunday, December 09, 2007

Back on the blog

It has been a long time since I've posted, and here are the reasons:

1) My dear father died and I felt I should do a post on him, but every time I tried to write something it upset me too much, so for now I think I'll remain mute on the subject until it feels right.

2) I started a new job and I have to commute. The commute there is fine, but the commute home is dreadful and it's pointless to leave before 6:00, 6:30 is even better. Compared to my prior job where, including my commute, my entire work day was 8:15 - 5:15 (9 hours total), my current entire work day, including commute, is approximately 12 hours, give or take a half hour. Blech.

3) I've been addicted to two Mexican telenovelas. These shows have a life span but they are on every weeknight. The second one just ended, but it was replaced by a new one, Pasión, that's even better. It's so good that I don't fast-forward through it like I did the other one. Pasión stars Fernando Colunga. He is my all time favorite telenovela star and in Pasión he plays a pirate, so basically this show is irresistable. Do you blame me?...
And my favorite:
I wanted to name my new boat 'Fernando Colunga' so I could say things like "I need to spend the weekend cleaning Fernando Colunga's bottom," or "Fernando Colunga rides much smoother when I keep a firm hand on the tiller," or "Have you noticed that Fernando Colunga has the tallest mast in the marina?" Alas, my boat partners voted against me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:16 PM

    And I plan to jump on Fernando Colunga the first chance I get in San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete