It's California, relax and take a chill pill. UPDATE: I'm no longer a landlubber! See my current blog at svcinnabar.blogspot.com.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Jellyfish in the marina
We were up at the marina last weekend and as I strolled along the dock I spotted a beautiful little jellyfish pulsating up out of the depths, possibly to get some sunlight. At least that's what the jellyfish in Jellyfish Lake in Palau like to do. Anyway, I ran back to the boat, grabbed my camera, and here's what the little creature looked like:
At first I thought I'd lost it but nope, there it is...
And here's a closer shot...
Turn out it's a common species of bell jellies that like to hang out in harbors, bays and estuaries called Polyorchis penicillatus.
Just goes to show you, there's plenty to see if you care to look.
No comments:
Post a Comment