I was at a concert Saturday night and was able to spend much time people watching. I had my bincoculars which helped. At one point I observed a person get up from a bench, and another person did an amusing thing before sitting down in the same spot. It reminded me of something that a friend posted on his blog a week ago and he described it much better than I can:
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Warm Seats
Why is some people reluctant to take the seat right after someone gets up ? Especially in the public places, like the train, the bus. Is it because they were afraid of catching someone else's bad "Chi" or for the worse, the fart by sitting down too soon ? Some will even pat the seat cushion a few times to air it out. Won't that get it on your hand now ? Strange indeed.
My friend Ron lives in Taipei which is where he made the above observation. Sometimes people are more alike than they are different.
Check out his blog if you are interested in reading about life in Taiwan...or just another viewpoint on the human condition.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment