
Top ten, in no particular order:
Born in World War Two
Hogs marching off to battle
Dressed in tin armor.
And who dares mock Spam?
you? you? you are not worthy
of one rich pink fleck.
Oh tin of pink meat
I ponder what you may be:
Snout or ear or feet?
In mud you frolicked
Till they cut, cleaned and canned you
How now, ground sow?
Silken pig tofu
The color of spanked buttocks
Blushing at my knife.
SPAM, too, needs a wife
What consort for my Pork Prince?
Ah! The Velveeta!
Little slab of meat
In a wash of clear jelly
Now I heat the pan
The color of Spam
is natural as the sky:
A block of sunrise.
In the cool morning
I fry up a slab of Spam
A dog barks next door.
Clad in metal, proud
no mere salt-curing for you
you are not bacon.

spam haiku
No comments:
Post a Comment