*Phone: a friend from elementary school days, after I made a joke about not ever wanting any brats running around the house he informed me he is thrilled with his first child, a perfect little girl, he never knew life could be so meaningful. Gee, never heard that tired old tune before. Chance of hearing back from him - 10%. Do I care? No.
*E-mail: a girlfriend from my high school daze, she always had the absolute sleaziest boyfriends, her entire e-mail consisted of telling me all about her wonderful new boyfriend, friends for years and just became lovers, both Deadheads. Hello, what century are we in? Chance of hearing back - 20%.
*Phone and e-mails: a boyfriend from my living-in-the-south days, accent thicker than ever, bragged about his genius son, sounded sad that I'd never married or had kids, probably thinks it's because of him. Why did he call? My theory - his church had a "beg for forgiveness" drive and he couldn't face life until I told him I didn't hold a grudge for all the crap he gave me. Yes, he broke my heart but that was the best gift he ever gave me. Thanks asshole. Chance of hearing back - unfortunately 35%, wish it were 0%.
*Phone and e-mails: hottie boyfriend from college days, worked on the campus farm and lived in a teepee, now works as an organic farmer and has a teepee on his property. I found this consistency in lifestyle oddly reassuring. Still hot. Chance of hearing back - 80%.
*E-mail and phone: pal from silicon valley work days, now lives in NY. Was always depressed in California but much happier back home in NY with all the other depressed city folk. Called me last year on my birthday, wonder if he'll call this year? Chance of hearing back - 99%.
I think there have been one or two more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
I wonder how many other old friends/acquaintances have googled me but not contacted me?
Of course, thanks to Google I already knew what most of these folks were up to, heh heh.
googling
No comments:
Post a Comment