Thursday, June 01, 2006

Customer Service Redux

Remember my customer from hell, the one I fired? It looks like they got some sucker to make their chair for them. Please note it is NOT made of Neoprene, hah! I wonder how many prototypers they went through before they figured that one out?

This is from a NY Times article about the big furniture show that they attended:

[GOOD PARTNER], 34, and [BAD PARTNER], 37, of [NAME WITHHELD TO PROTECT THE GUILTY] in San Francisco, had a belt-leather beanbag lounge chair and ottoman with them — a Birkenstock for the body and, with its suede good looks, an upscale update of a downscale favorite. Though they hope a retail price would be no more than $1,800, the prototype cost $3,000 to make. At the fair, [WITHHELD] said, it was approached by several manufacturers interested in producing the lounge.

I wish them much success. Their concept was really cool. Too bad they decided to keep the chair we made for them. As I mentioned before, I signed a non-disclosure agreement and cannot reveal the design. However, it looked quite a LOT like this:





Yes boys, much success to you, preferably far away from me.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Retails for about $19.99. It's got a cobalt blue vinyl exterior, polystyrene foam beads, and a handle on top. That's right. Shop smart. Shop Target. You got that?!

    Now I swear, the next one of you primates even touches me...

    ASIN: B0007WBRS0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right. Actually they have a website now and you can check it out for yourself. Their company name is emesu ("use me" backwards). So choose...Target for $19.99 or get used for $1,800.00.

    ReplyDelete