I must have a thermometer in my face because I am unable to get out of my warm bed until the internal house temperature reaches 64 degrees F. This morning I literally forced myself out of bed at 7:34 even though the temp was still only 61 degrees! That sucked. I looked at the outdoor thermometer and it was stuck at 30 degrees. When I left the house an hour later (yes I was late to work) it still hadn't reached 40 degrees.
When I got to work my calendar told me I had to go measure something at a customer's house ASAP so off I drove to a mansion in the ice cold hills. Even though the sun came out it was butt cold. I wasn't the only creature tortured by the cold. The birds were all waiting for their bath to thaw out.

Now, at 11:45, it is bright and sunny but still COLD! My co-worker just went outside to roll up her window because when she rolled it down this a.m. to look at traffic it froze in the "down" position.
I don't want to hear anybody complain that it is colder where they live. It is supposed to be colder everywhere else. This is the SF Bay Area and it is supposed to be temperate so we are getting stiffed big time on our weather. I demand a refund.
Next weekend I and 30 of my friends are flying to Kauai for the holidays. I can't wait to get the hell out of here.
silicon valley, california winter, cold weather
yes, it is colder in the Pacfic Northwest, but that is always the case at this time of year. The topper for us is the freezing FOG, causing roadways to be lightly coated with ice. Tonight we're predicted to have "ice pellets" after midnight and awake to freezing rain. Makes Kauai sound sooo good.
ReplyDelete--NWBetty
Yeah girlfriend, I cannot wait until we are on the porch at Kahili with our Mai Tais in hand, our mosquito coils burning and our warm toes exposed to the tropical breeze. See you in 4 days!!!
ReplyDelete